I was once a Girl Scout, so I feel obligated to purchase their goods when they come a knockin'. In fact, I purchased 9 of what they were selling only to find out that my husband also purchased at least that amount - maybe more. Between the two of us, we purchased around 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I'm slightly embarassed by this fact. But only slightly. Because afterall, my purchase promotes financial skills such as goal setting, decision-making, customer service and money management. Now I'm just questioning who's financial skills it promotes because I pretty much blew my goal of not eating junk food, made poor decisions in only getting 3 boxes of Samoas instead of 4, and definitely didn't manage my money when I purchased $32 worth of cookies. But hey, at least I'm instilling courage, confidence and character in some little Girl Scout, somewhere. So what if I'm 32 lbs. heavier and $32 poorer.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Courage, Confidence, Character
I was once a Girl Scout, so I feel obligated to purchase their goods when they come a knockin'. In fact, I purchased 9 of what they were selling only to find out that my husband also purchased at least that amount - maybe more. Between the two of us, we purchased around 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I'm slightly embarassed by this fact. But only slightly. Because afterall, my purchase promotes financial skills such as goal setting, decision-making, customer service and money management. Now I'm just questioning who's financial skills it promotes because I pretty much blew my goal of not eating junk food, made poor decisions in only getting 3 boxes of Samoas instead of 4, and definitely didn't manage my money when I purchased $32 worth of cookies. But hey, at least I'm instilling courage, confidence and character in some little Girl Scout, somewhere. So what if I'm 32 lbs. heavier and $32 poorer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I wish the Girl Scouts would come knocking at my door. I love the cookies and would love to support them. Alas I live in such a liberal area that even the Boy Scouts go elsewhere to sell their Christmas wreaths. Funny that people here are all about being "green" and supporting the arts and such but I think it is more about appearing benevolent and PC than really supporting something worthwhile. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Oh boy, how I wish that between the two of us we had purchased 20 boxes of girl scout cookies....
Marc and I are coming over!
I bought some from some strangers that came to my door. Everyday I wonder when they are going to come back and bring me my cookies. I'm starting to worry a little. Maybe I can buy some of yours if they don't come through with the goods.
Rob bought his from the strangers and they still haven't delivered. It's probably the same GSs that Heidi bought hers from.
What!?!?!?! No Thin Mints!?!?! Sinner.
You've got me craving Girl Scout cookies. I haven't been able to buy them since I quit teaching. I used to always have a student or two sell them to me, but now I can't find them! But maybe that's a good thing because I think I could eat all the boxes you bought in a matter of days!
As I recall from the last time I purchased those yummy and addicting cookies- ONE Somoan has 35 calories all to itself.
I will be over in two minutes to save you from those terrible cocanut, caramel, sensations!
Post a Comment