Friday, June 5, 2009

TMI Pharmacist and Other Friday Updates

I have had severe bloggers block lately. Hopefully it'll pass. Until then, I wanted to give you an update on the TMI Pharmacist at the Walgreens.

Last week, someone I know was severely constipated (it wasn't me) and needed a little help to ease the discomfort. The doctor prescribed something wicked, with the caveat that it should be remembered while in the throes of diarrhea that he is our "friend." I went to the Walgreens looking for this stuff called magnesium citrate, and I hear a voice yell at me from behind the pharmacy counter "do you need help finding anything?" I started walking toward the counter and said "yes, I need something called magnesium citrate." It was the TMI Pharmacist! As he was walking down the aisle to meet me, he yells at the top of his lungs "Ooooohhhhh, I feel sorry for whoever has to use this stuff. Have fun in the bathroom tonight!" I noticed some people were staring at us. Then, in what seemed to be an equally loud voice, he says "is this for a procedure, like a colonoscopy? Because you can only use the lemon kind for that. The colon has to be clear, if you know what I mean." I told him it was just for constipation relief, but not my constipaion relief, so I wasn't too worried about the color, if you know what I mean. After he helped me with the magnesium citrate, he asked if I needed help finding anything else, and I told him I needed Miralax, too. "Oh, double whammy, ouch!" was his reply. So much for discretion. As my mom would say, "his mother must be so proud."

If you work for, or are affiliated with the ASPCA or PETA, please stop reading now!

I locked Kaydee the cat in the bedroom closet for over 12 hours. Not on purpose, and I feel really bad about it. Mostly I just feel bad because even though I don't like Kaydee, I'm not cruel to animals. I'm just not like that. Kaydee likes to be in the closet to sit on top of our nice, clean and fluffy towels, so we keep the closet door closed. Mostly because I don't ever want to find a cat hair in my belly button again. That's what happens when a cat lounges on your towels. Anyway, yesterday morning I opened up the closet just long enough to grab a shirt and some pants to wear. I immediately shut the door and then left for work. I didn't come home that night until almost 8, and then it was after 9 when I decided to change into my pajamas. I opened the closet door and saw these yellow, beady eyes staring at me from the the towels on the shelf and almost had a heart attack. I think she alsmost had a heart attack, too, because she fell off of the towels onto a plastic bag. Luckily, she didn't leave any surprises other than a nice coating of cat hair on our towels. Rob says that it serves her right and that maybe she won't go in the closet anymore.

I didn't see her this morning when I was getting ready, and I didn't want to have a repeat of yesterday, so I searched the house high and low to find her before I left for work. I couldn't find her, so I just went to work and figured it would work out in the end. Turns out she was hiding under the bed. I should have known, because the other night I was laying in bed and reached underneath for something and touched her cold, wet nose, and almost fell out of the bed because it scared me so much. My nerves can't handle it.

In other news, the texturizing and some of the painting is finished. The stove and fridge are no longer taking residence in other rooms of the house. Hopefully we'll have the mantle finished this weekend and maybe we'll get some of the wiring done. One step at a time.

4 comments:

Chit Chatt said...

Hey, progress is progress. Kaydee. Bless her. I saw some Miralax the other day on the counter (not my counter) and wondered what poor soul would have the joys of using that. I didn't bother asking.

foreverlaym said...

You know, I don't know why we're all so "hush hush" about our bowel problems. I've kind of lost all shame when it comes to stuff anymore. After 2 babies and endless trips to the wound clinic for the incision (and you know where THAT is), I kinda just block everything out. If I have diarrhea, I yell it from the rooftops. If I'm constipated, I post about it on Facebook. People shouldn't be ashamed about that stuff. Oh, and I've used both Miralax and magnesium citrate in the past and they aren't that bad. Or at least I didn't think that they were, in comparison to the constipation. I guess it's all relative.

Casey&Mal said...

Oh, Jen! I am never disappointed when I read your blog. I can relate with the animal hair in the bellybutton, actually, although I shouldn't admit that. But Pete likes to hid his bones in my baskets of clean laundry. Serves me right for not folding it right away, I guess!
While I have one child and frequently expose my breasts in public places to nurse (always under my fantastic hooter hider courtesy of YOU), I am still pretty private about my other bodily functions....There's not anything wrong with acknowledging that everyone poops, but there certainly isn't any shame in not saying it either, right?

Nathan said...

Don't bet on the cat learning her lesson. Mine never has ... although we suspect he has special needs.