Cheryl said she wanted to know what my thoughts on Michael Jackson are. Well, first of all, I think it's sad that he died at such a young age. Having said that, I'll unleash the dogs.
Do I think MJ is a great performer? Absolutely. Do I start singing and dancing when I hear his music? Sha-mon! Did I try to learn the Thriller Dance? Atcha-ooh! But that's about as far as my admiration of Michael Jackson extends. I don't know what influences made him the way he is, but if what I've been hearin' all these years is true, he's a little on the sketchy side. There's usually some truth to every rumor.
I simply don't think he deserves the demigod status that has been bestowed upon him. And other than Lionel Richie's performance at his funeral, I couldn't stomach half of what was said. It's sad that the little children that he calls his own lost a father figure, but let's be honest, where and who are their real parents?
And I think it's deplorable that the City of Los Angeles is expected to foot the multi-million dollar bill for security at his funeral. California can't pay for their obligations as it is, expecting people like my mom to work 1 un-paid day every week so that it can lower its debt. Horrific!
So there you go, Cheryl. That's what I think of Michael Jackson.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I agree entirely with everything you've mentioned. Let's hope that Michael fans everywhere give him the "farewell he deserved" or whatever it supposedly says on that website so that California doesn't have to pay for it.
Well said, Jen. I was looking forward to hearing what you had to say about it all.
I certainly do NOT miss MJ the person. In my opinion the only good thing about him was his music. Music is still available and he is gone. Better world. Sorry to the many I have offended- but that is my opinion. Hope I never have cause to eat my words.
His estate should pay for the extra expense his funeral put on the State of California. Even in his death he is a pain to society.
Hahahaha....man I love you Jen. I was just having the conversation with my mom about who his kids belong to - from what I have heard, it's their bio mom's husband? I must say, I have been enjoying all the late night "tribute" video marathons which allow me to fall asleep murmuring "who's baaaad........."
Thanks, Mal. Now I can't get "because I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it" out of my head. For some reason every time I hear the MJ version, my mind automatically goes to Weird Al. It's that way with Amish Paradise, too.
Post a Comment