Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Fungus Among Us


Rob and I have a way exciting life. After a rousing evening of DVRd America's Got Talent, we caught an episode of Modern Marvels all about mold and fungus. It's everywhere. We have it in our toilet and shower even though I clean them regularly. And what do I use to clean the mold? Bleach. Modern Marvels says that bleach doesn't kill mold, it just cleans the surface. The only real way to get rid of mold is to take away the moisture that it feeds off of. I don't really see how that's possible in a shower or toilet. So, thank you Modern Marvels for not giving me any solutions. I'm going to stick to my bleach.
P.S. That's not my shower.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad that's not your shower!

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Oh. Mold sucks. I am glad that is not your shower. I didn't think you would let your shower look like that.

Casey&Mal said...

I'm quite relieved that is not your actual shower! I can sympathize - there are always those spots that never get as clean as you want! But that shower is nasty....

Katie said...

This story reminds me of a story so I'm featuring on mygoodfriendsblog