Monday, October 19, 2009

Bad Aim

I called my doctor and several pharmacies today in search of the seasonal flu vaccine. Everywhere I called told me that the county health department was the only place to get the seasonal flu vaccine because everywhere else had run out. I made my way over to the health department and stood in line for 2 hours only to find out that they do not have the seasonal flu shots, only the H1N1 shots. Since I was there, I got one. I don't think the vaccine has been opened up to my risk (or no risk) group yet, but no one specifically asked me. One of the questions on the paperwork did ask if the person receiving the shot was pregnant or had the chance of being pregnant in the next month. I'm a woman, so yeah, I guess there's a chance.

I came home and went to take off the Band-aid and saw this:

Notice the small bruise. That is the injection site. Now, notice the placement of the Band-aid. This explains much about the whole process of getting a shot at the county health department.

7 comments:

Casey&Mal said...

HAHA...so sorry Jen. Oh, and is that a Snoopy band aid?

Katie said...

did you try Art City Pharmacy in Springville?

Karen Decker said...

You would think that when a person spends 2 hours in a line they could place the cute band-aid in the correct spot.

Heidi said...

I hope the vaccine is a little more accurate than the person delivering it.

Unknown said...

I love you because you can draw out the humor in everything! :D

Unknown said...

I'm too afraid to get a flu shot myself - I am scared of needles!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

Okay, so that is so funny. Mark got his flu shot yesterday at work. When he went to bed he pulled the bandaid off and realized the exact same thing had happened to him. He indicated the bandaid hurt more than the injection shot. You gotta love that. The rest of us have yet to have any flu shots. Everywhere is out of them back here. At least Mark will be able to take care of all of us when we are feeble and weak!