Monday, November 16, 2009

Accidents in the Middle of the Night

The other night, Rob and I were having a discussion about the covers and how I never steal them and he does. I told him that it's because he tucks the covers between his legs and when he rolls he takes the covers with him. I don't tuck the covers, so I don't take them with me when I roll. He then said that he has to tuck the covers between his knees so that they don't get sweaty and stick together, so I told him that I never have that problem because I wear pajama pants. I said that I always wear them because you never know when there's going to be an accident in the middle of the night and you don't want to be stuck with nothing but your underwear on. He looked at me with his face all scrunched up and said "huh?" So I said, "you know, like if there's a fire, you don't want to have to go searching for some clothes." His face then un-scrunched and he said "oh, I was thinking about a bathroom accident and I thought you'd probably outgrown peeing in the bed, so I was confused."

I'm not going to tell Rob about that one time when I was about 19 that I had a dream I was going to the bathroom and then woke up to the harsh reality that I had wet the bed. But I did tell him about the time that the furnace in my apartment blew up and caused all sorts of smoke to come out and the neighbors got scared and called the fire department and I woke up to a fireman standing at my bed asking if anyone else was home. Good times. And that is why I always wear pajamas to bed.

8 comments:

Christine said...

I think about that sometimes when I get into bed with just my undergarments on. Perhaps I should start wearing all my cozy jammies again.

barbaraence said...

your posts always leave me cracking up!

Karen Decker said...

I LOVE your blog...it has always been great for a good laugh, or two, or three.

Chit Chatt said...

Put it on Jen - she's hot. Yeah, good times.

Casey&Mal said...

Haha! I have always been paranoid like that - and it is a nightly battle for the covers...for a while, I just got my own blankets!

Heidi said...

There are some things about single life that aren't so bad. I get all the covers to myself.

Unknown said...

LOL. Nice - so he does wear clean underware though in case of an accident, right? JK

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

Thanks for making me laugh. I love reading your blog. Life is really one big adventure for you!