Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This Just IN!

I absolutely love it when some new scientific, high-tech study comes out with "groundbreaking" results because in my head I'm thinking ,"you don't have to be a genius to know that." Case in point, this article about how low-carb diets will ruin your mood. Anyone who has tried the Atkins Diet can tell you that. I once went to a doctor who said that a low-carb diet would help with my PMS. I tried that for about 2 weeks and guess what, not only did it not help with my PMS, it just made me more PMS-ish and more of a brat. Did I lose weight? Sure. Was I constipated? Absolutely. So, in my mind, getting off carbs isn't worth it because all I'm left with is a constipated, bratty, PMS-ish attitude. I love me some carbs, and now I feel OK about that. Thanks, high-tech science dudes!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

There's nothing like a plate full of carbs to make everything better. Especially if those carbs are in the form of chocolate chip cookies!

Chit Chatt said...

Maybe going off carbs wasn't the problem. Maybe you're eating too much cheese and not drinking enough water. Think it over. :)