Friday, September 30, 2011
"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
Actually, Jesus never said that. But there are times in life when we have to believe it and hope it's true. My good friend lost her 14 month-old boy in a tragic accident yesterday. He was so bright and full of life. There are things in life that are hard to comprehend, and the death of a child is one of them. I wonder what it is like for people who do not have a knowledge of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the Atonement and for the sacrifices that Jesus made for us so that we could be healed of all our pains and cleansed from all of our sins. I believe it with all of my heart, but it's still hard to watch my friend in so much pain. Especially knowing that I can't take it away from her. But the Savior can, and I just need to hold on to that, having faith that He will heal her and her husband. I'm grateful for the covenants that we make in the temple that allow families to be sealed together for eternity. And I'm grateful that I had the privelege of knowing little Jonah. He was such a sweet little boy and his spirit was huge. He inspired all who knew him. I will miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
so very sad
It's true that only the Lord can get someone to get through something like that.
Post a Comment