Now don't get me wrong, I love Niel and Babs, but there is just something wrong to me about them having Christmas albums. Niether of them are Christian. Not that anyone would ever want to buy an album of me singing songs period, but I would never put out a Hannukah album because I do not celebrate Hannukah. It also bothers me when the MoTab sings African spirituals. Middle-aged white people who aren't even wearing choir robes do not have any business singing African spirituals. I'm going to bring this up with Mack Wilberg the next time I give him a ride in my car. I'm also going to talk to him about the terrible outfits the ladies have to wear. Ever heard of a waist?I guess I just have a problem with breaking the mold. I do not like it when Will Ferell and Jim Carey play in serious roles. I can handle Jack Black being serious, but his serious isn't totally serious. I do not think I would like it if Josh Groban switched to pop or JT switched to Opera, although "Sexy Back" would be really funny sung opera style. Sing it in your head, I promise you'll laugh.
So, that's my two cents about genre switching.



5 comments:
I've laughed every time I've heard Neil Diamond on the radio this week singing Joy to the World or Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Funny you would blog on that topic, cause I was just thinking all the same things...except you say it much better than I could! :)
OK. That was about the funniest post ever! The opera part had me rolling. I guess I never thought of it but yea I agree that some people should just stick to their "genre". I think it just seems so shallow because it must be for the extra revenue and not any real passion for what they are singing. It would be like Orson Scott Card suddenly writing action comic books to reach a new audience. And yes, yes I have always cringed at what the ladies in MoTab wear.
I'm not sure I know the words to 'Sexy Back'. Would you do me a favor and sing it to me in your opera voice next time we get together? :)
No, I agree about the fingers. It's something I noticed in the Mirror Has Two Faces. I just love that movie! Thanks again!
i did sing it, and i giggled and decided this post was F-A-B. And you're right, sometimes when people "branch out" its painful for the rest of us watching.
Post a Comment