Wednesday, February 11, 2009

States I Don't Want to Live in: Flori-don't

I'm starting a series called "States I Don't Want to Live In," and Florida is my first entry. I went to Jacksonville, Florida once and I thought it was one of the nastiest places I've ever been to. My cousin lives there, and I like my cousin, but I don't care too much for Florida. I tell people this and they tell me I should go to Orlando and I will feel differently. And then today I was reading an article about a child abduction that happened in Florida, and I thought to myself, "self, it seems like most child abductions happen in Florida." So I did a little Google to see what I could find to support my theory. This is what I found. Apparently Jeb Bush noticed, too.

Anyway, frequent child abductions isn't the only reason I don't want to live in Florida. Have you ever watched COPS? Every episode was in Broward County, Florida.

Alligator attacks? Florida.

Hurricanes? Florida.

Key Lime Pie? Florida (I like Key Lime Pie, it just gives me wicked bad heartburn).

Nuff said.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Dude, that is sad! I should start a similar series but with my luck the Army would send us to all of them. :) Topping my list is Texas.

Unknown said...

I love Key Lime Pie! ANd hoochies are apparatenly all that live in Florida too. jk :D

foreverlaym said...

You forgot about humidity. When I stepped off the plane in Orlando, I thought I had stepped into a sauna. And my hair curled up about 5 inches. Nasty.

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

I think that your next state should be Arizona, I here it is EXTREMELY hot in the summer and they have roaches and scorpians, Oh wait I live here, what am I doing here?

Chit Chatt said...

The only thing I know about Florida is the town of Kissimee. There isn't much to be said about that city. I think I just might agree with your statement about Florida.

Jim and Becky said...

You've heard the saying that Florida is the fruit, nut and flake state right?