So, here's another snippet of my neighborhood. I went to our storage unit last week to get some 4th of July decorations, and I saw that most of the units had been broken into. One of ours (that we let a neighbor use) was broken into and then about 6 more in that unit. It looked like someone took a crowbar to the doors and just popped the handles right off. Luckily for us, they didn't get into the one our stuff was in. Not that there would be anything of interest to them in there (except maybe awesome seasonal decorations from Krumpets). It looked like the burglars tried to bust a hole in our door with a crow bar and just gave up. And I'm glad, because, honestly, I don't think I could deal with that right now. I called the HOA manager and let him know and his response was this: "well, I guess I'll have to go down there tomorrow and check it out and then let the people who own the ones broken into about it sometime next week." Um... is it just me or should he be looking into this situation STAT? Robert called the neighbors who are using our extra unit to let them know and they said that as far as they could tell, nothing was stolen, but what about the rest of the people?
And here's another sad story. The Walgreens down the street was robbed last night by some crazy addict looking for Oxycontin. I sure hope my favorite pharmacist wasn't harmed in the robbery. There was a gun pulled! Although, I take comfort in the fact that if Pharmacist Spandy were there that he would have talked the guy out of it ;)
And another even sadder story. I was sitting at the interestion where the Walgreens is and I looked next to me at a guy sitting under a tree in front of the 7 Eleven, and he was smoking a doobie! Right there in front of the Sev! And how do I know he was smoking a joint? I learned what marijuana smelled like as part of my first-class education at Westchester High School. Even though it is a top 1500 school, it had its fair share of potheads. Anyway... I thought about calling the police, but I knew they wouldn't get there in time to catch him in the act. Seriously, what is the neighborhood coming to?
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
goodness!
Seriously! I thought that when I moved to Utah, that I wouldn't have to deal with any crime ever again!!!! I thought I could be like everyone else in Utah and let my kids run wild in the streets and never worry about them getting into trouble like drugs. What is happening to this place?!?!?!?!?!
Hey, those Krumpets decorations could be worth a lot! I guess if the neighborhood gets too bad you'll just have to move to Colorado! I can't wait to see you!
Oh boy. Where in the world do you live?
When we were in Provo the other day on our way to Seattle, I was surprised at how many homeless people there were on Center Street. I'm sure they've always been there, but I don't think I ever noticed it before. Sad times.
What really makes me sick is seeing parents smoking infront of their kids. They should have theirk kids be taken away from them.
Smoking in front of kids is pretty bad. What I hate is seeing a car go down the road with a toddler standing up in the backseat or laying in the back window. Those parents should be shot for not having the child in a car seat. I get the license plate and report those people.
And on the homeless people... I guess compared to St. george there are a lot here in Provo. I guess I just don't notice it as much because there are less here than in LA.
Post a Comment