I don't have anything interesting to blog about these days. Just not too much going on. I'm trying to learn how to adjust from working 8 hours 5 days a week, to not working at all. Honestly, that's the hardest part about having been laid off. I don't worry about money and whether or not we'll be able to pay our bills, but I worry about what on earth I'm going to do that day that doesn't involve shopping. So far, I've done some catching up on housework and teaching myself how to can fruits and vegetables, but other than that I'm running out of stuff to do. My parents are coming to visit this week, so I'll have something to do for a week, but what after that?
Although I've been bored beyond belief, losing my job has actually been a blessing in disguise. It has motivated me to go back to school - something I've been wanting to do for 10 years, but haven't been able to because I needed to work. I missed the deadline to go to BYU during the Fall semester, but I'll be there in January. I'm looking forward to that, but need something to do in the mean time. Part time job? Working at the temple? Selling stuff on Craig's List? I just don't know, but I do know that this is the first time in a long time that I've had options... and I like that.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Come play with us!
That's great that you are going back to school. What are you taking?
I agree, having to find things to do to keep you busy is so annoying.
I have been thinking about it and I do have one idea to be productive, serve and pass the time. When I was very pregnant with Eva and felt like I needed to be doing something productive, I signed up to help index census records for the church's genealogical efforts. You can check it out at www.familysearchindexing.org.
I'm glad to hear you'll be okay.
Good luck in school!
I didn't know that you lost your job. I am glad that you will be OK and that you are able to go back to school. I am going to say that working at the temple is a wonderful experience and a I love it.
Reading? I just read a GREAT book called "The Wednesday Wars." It's a teen read, but it was so good. I HIGHLY recommend it. Adrienne just read it and loved it, too.
I can't believe I just suggested "reading" to someone as a good pass-time.
Wow - I had no idea this happened! I'm back in town on Sunday so let's catch us sometime next week~.
Jen, I had no idea. When did this happened? I'm glad things are working out for you, and you don't have to stress out about trying to find a new job. That's such a blessing. I say enjoy the summer. :)
cool - i'm jealous that you get to go back to school.
we do miss you, though. the other day i was out somewhere and i thought i saw you...but it was someone else.
anyhoo, enjoy your time!
Way to see the silver lining in your situation. By the way, I love reading your blog. You always give me something to smile about. You have a great sense of humor and style of writing!
Post a Comment