Last year when Rob and I were registering for wedding gifts, he somehow snuck red satin sheets onto the registry while I wasn't looking. I thought he was being funny, so I deleted that item from the registry. Turns out he wasn't being funny. My mom and dad got wind of that and decided to get us red satin sheets for our wedding. They were used once, and honestly, I can't say much about what they were like because they were the last thing I cared about. We were leaving town and Rob's sister was going to be coming into the house to take care of the cat while we were gone, so I took them off the bed because they're tacky and I would be totally embarassed if someone saw those on our bed. Since last year, they've sat in a box in our storage/hoarding room... until last night.
We've had house guests, and I took our sheets off to wash them, so that meant that we had no clean sheets. The only clean sheets in the house were the red satin sheets. When you're tired, suddenly you don't get so concerned about what is tacky and what is not, so I put them on the bed. About 30 minutes into being in bed, I turned to Rob and said "these sheets are not comfortable." He laughed and said "and they're sweaty, too." You'd think that satin would be slippery, but let me tell ya, we might as well have been sleeping on velcro. I say velcro, because that was the sound the sheets would make whenever we moved.
Now that our other sheets are washed, I'm afraid that the red satin ones are going to be going back into the storage/hoarding room. Sorry Madonna, satin sheets are NOT very romantic.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Good to know!
Ooh, la la. Were they satin sheets or "sateen" sheets? Maybe it's because they were red. I don't really know. I sleep on 100 thread count sheets from the Walmart.
I will stay with high denier cotton. Thanks for the warning.
You had better call up Madonna and tell her to change her song.
We have some silky sheets (not satin) and Jordan hates them. Says its like sleeping in his grandmas underwear:)
Hey Jen, I'm glad to see you posting again! I hope you've recovered ok from your kidney stone and all. Sorry the sheets are a no go, I'll remember that next time I buy sheets!
Thanks for giving me something to giggle about. You have such a fun sense of humor. I've slept on satin sheets before (white). I couldn't stand it.
I don't even know what my sheets are. I'm just glad they are clean and fit on the bed. Maybe you could accidentally leave the sheets out for the cat to get.
Post a Comment