Monday, April 26, 2010
Guilty Feeling
Today while I was shopping, I was asked at every single store I went to whether or not I wanted to donate $1 to cure cancer/save the children/cure diabetes. Who doesn't want to cure cancer and diabetes and save the children? But who wants to donate $1 every single time they go shopping? I wish that they would ask the question a different way because when I say no, I always feel guilty and I feel like the cashier probably thinks that I don't want to save the children. I do want to save the children, but I prefer to help in other ways. But then I feel silly giving a long explanation about why I'm not going to donate $1. It's a catch 22, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I always say No thanks and know that I donate to good causes in other ways-never lost a wink of sleep over it. AND I had no idea you were having problems with your pregnancy. Can I help with anything? You and baby will be in my prayers.
Agreed! I just try to keep it in perspective and think they probably hate having to ask every single customer every single question. That one and would you like to apply for a Target credit card and save 10% today?
In the infamous words of the illustrious Val Walker after looking at a flyer for "Save the Children" . . . "What did "the children ever do for me?"
Post a Comment