I saw this hilarious advertisement yesterday in a magazine for "The Cigar Holder" for the "Fella who has it all." I guess if you are a fella who has it all, the only thing left to get would be a cigar holder that grips to almost any surface. So it wasn't the actual product that was funny... if you smoke cigars while you're out on the golf course, sailing the high seas, or relaxing by the pool I can see how it could come in handy. What got me was the picture. At the top of the ad, there was a stuffy looking guy in a tuxedo, looking straight at the camera (kinda scarily, I might add), wearing a monocle. Hilarious! Get a "Good Grip" on the "Good Life!" Who writes that crap?
In other news, I had a dream about Edward Cullen from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I'm not sure how that happened or where that came from, but maybe it's because it was so hot in my bedroom last night that I was wishing I had an ice-cold, rock-hard, vampire boyfriend to keep me cold at night. Or maybe I was thinking about how pathetic it is that the best books I've read in the last year have been written for 14 year-old girls. And I'm really looking forward to the next installment in the series and an upcoming movie. I wouldn't have chosen the kid who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter to play Edward in the upcoming movie. It's official, I need a life.



1 comment:
It would probably be sick to find out how many middle-aged men who wished they were the pipe-smoking, paisley-dressing-gown-wearing, golf-course-haunting type men are actually going to start smoking cigars just to buy the holder! Create the need, and then supply the need, that is how advertising works. I could think of a few funny people that would be a good gag-gift for....how much did it cost? LOL.
And--I think we like the 14 year old novels because who wants to read something as complicated as our own lives? 14 year old-I-wish-this-was-what-my-life-will-be-like-when-I'm-older-Fantasy is so much more appealing at the moment! :)
Post a Comment