I watched TV. I haven't watched TV pretty much since Rob and I started dating because who needs TV when you have all sorts of other entertaining stuff going on in life? The fiance is away at Scout Camp this week, and so last night I sat down in front of the tube and watched a little "John and Kate + Eight" and then I watched my favorite movie, "She's the Man." I love that movie! I get all of my lines from that movie because I have decided that there is a line that fits every circumstance and situation in life. I fought against watching it when it first came out because I thought it was going to be a stupid teeny-bopper movie but then I was on a flight from London to SLC and it was the in-flight movie and I wasn't tired so I watched it. I laughed so hard (silently because people were sleeping) that my shaking woke up the lady in the seat next to me. Anyhoo, my point is that I miss watching TV. I know that most of it is crap, but I feel incredibly unhip because I'm not connected to pop culture right now. I haven't watched "Best Week Ever" in several months and I'm lost on what "IV Real" means on SYTYCD. But then again, when I don't watch it I don't miss it. Maybe after the wedding, when things settle down and Rob is in class for hours every night, I'll be able to get my hipness back and be able to contribute something meaningful to the conversation at the office potlucks.
In other news, I got a creepy comment from some wierdo on one of my blog posts. I felt really violated, like a Peeping Tom had been watching me through the window or like someone had read my most personal journal entries and then broke into my house and raided my fridge, looked through my drawers, used my toothbrush, wore my shoes, and slept in my bed. I know that when you put things out on the Internet that it's available to anyone and everyone, but I don't want pervs reading my blog and I especially don't want them leaving comments like they "know" me. There are people who I have never met personally that read my blog, but because they know people I know I am perfectly OK with them reading. I am not OK with a girl named "Rachie" from New York reading my blog and then leaving a smart a** comment. How dare she! Obviously, I deleted it. I hate it when people do this, but I may have to go private. I feel that violated and wonder who else reads my blog. I'll let everyone know for sure if I do go private so that I can send invites to all of my loyal readers.
I think I forgot to put mascara on this morning... but I got to see Chit Chatt's baby and she is presh! Other than my own future offspring, she is one of the most attractive babies ever. She doesn't have facial hair, zits or dandruff (sorry if your baby did) and even when she cries she's all delicate and girly about it. I definitely think she's going to be a cheerleader or a model or something. Most babies are cute, but she's really beautiful and nice to look at. There is a couple in my ward who has a baby boy who looks like a cross between Eddie Munster and a really hairy Tony Soprano. There's nothing worse than a swarthy newborn with sideburns and a unibrow. I was sitting in back of them a while ago and the mom put him over her shoulder and when I saw his face I flinched. How unfortunate. His parents aren't super models by any means, but they're definitely not ugly so I wonder where he got his rugged bad looks. I just hope he turns out to be like a fine cheese or wine and gets better with age. I hope I don't get struck by lightning or get cursed with a hersute, acne-prone, dandruffy baby because I said bad things about the ugly baby; however, I think that Rob and I are going to produce some fine chilluns. We were both cute babies, and I think most people's children look like the parents did when they were babies. My nephew looked just like my sister did when she was born and Chit Chatt numero dos looks like Chit Chatt numero uno did when she was a baby. I'm just going to cross my fingers anyway, because I don't want karma to come back to bite me.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am absolutely SO jealous that you got to see Chit Chatt's baby! I cannot wait to see pictures of her :)
BTW, private is the way to go :) I haven't had any issues (obviously, since our blog is private) about weird comments or "peepers".
Cool, I am glad that Chit Chatt had her baby. I am happy for that. :) We need to get together sometime.
You're never seeing my baby...for fear of me actually hearing the truth- what if I have an ugly baby??????
Post a Comment