Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm popular!


Or at least my name is. I followed a link from my friend Chrstine's blog about how popular your name is and how many other people have it. Statistically, Jennifer is the 21st most popular name in the United States. Of the 1,420,869 people in the US who are named Jennifer, 99.9% are female. Who are these 1,420.9 men named Jennifer, and more importantly, what is wrong with their parents? There are 185 people in the US with my full name - I know for a fact that one of them is a shoe designer. I saw her stuff come up on Google when I searched under my name. I wonder if she is related to Steve Madden. Madden is statistically the 888th most popular last name in the US. Lambert, on the other hand, is statistically the 289th most popular name in the US. 112, 816 people in the US have that last name - most of which are probably made up of my fiance and his siblings ;) Speaking of my fiance, we're getting married in 1 month from today! Let the final countdown begin.


As an update on the cleaning lady, I threw out a banana that was way too ripe for my taste on Friday before I left work. When I came in on Monday, the banana had been taken out of the trash can and placed on my desk. Did she think it accidentally fell off my desk and then hooked 90 degrees to land in the trash can? I am of the opinion that, regardless of personal taste on ripeness of fruit, if it's in the trash can it should be left there. I took the banana into the break room, wrapped it in paper towels, and threw it away in there so that she wouldn't take it out again. I'm so including "not sifting through trash" in my note when I write it... and I'm so close to writing it.
BTW - the banana I threw away looked pretty much like the ones in the picture above.

No comments: