Monday, January 19, 2009

10 Things I Hate About Me

I heard it through the grapevine that Heather wanted people to write 10 quirky things about them on their blogs, but since she didn't tag anyone in particular I took that as a "get out of jail free" card. Well, I'm gonna pass go and collect $200 on this one. Here it goes...

1) I do not like feet. I pay someone else to pedicure mine, and I don't like touching anyone else's. I did rub my husband's feet the other day, but I could handle that because he doesn't have calluses and I know where his feet have been.

2) I'm afraid of ear wax. Well, I'm not afraid of it, but it really grosses me out. I had to stand behind this kid in the lunch line for all of 2nd grade and he had the worst ear wax of any individual I've ever known. I was afraid that if I got too close I would catch it. I clean my ears out excessively because I don't ever want ear wax creeping out of my ears. Last week in church I sat behind this old guy who had a clump of ear wax stuck to the hair growing out of his ear and I almost got up in the middle of church and moved.

3) I eat too much cheese and I don't drink enough water.

4) I don't like Jazz music. It makes anger build up inside of me.

5) I will not use body soap to wash my face in the shower. I know where that soap has been and I don't want it anywhere near my face. I had a discussion with my friend Allison about whether soap cleans itself, and even if it does, I won't wash my face with body soap.

6) I hiccup every morning when I get out of bed.

7) I smell laundry to see if it's clean or dirty. I've smelled some pretty bad laundry.

8) Whenever I see a bad driver on the road, I always assume they're either old or Asian. I'm correct 99% of the time.

9) No matter how painful, I will never pass gas in public. I just can't bring myself to do it.

10) If I see someone at the store or something, and I don't want to talk to them, I will pretend to be really intent on reading a label, or I'll go the other direction to avoid talking to them.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Jen, that cracked me up. We have some of the same quirks (3, 5, 8 and 10). Maybe that is why we are friends. However, when you have kids, don't bother smelling the clothes - just wash them to be on the safe side. Especially if your child is a boy. :)

Katie said...

I guess the dorms weren't public b/c we sure used a lot of orange spray that year!

Cheryl said...

I remember you don't like feet. I don't remember the hiccup thing though, maybe all those years we were roommates I was still half asleep when we woke up! :)
The soap thing I totally agree with- it reminds me of that one episode on Friends where Joey and Chandler have the debate over using the same soap. :)
Oh, and Katie- my husband brought home a bunch of that orange spray we used to use back in the dorms. He got it at some tradeshow he was at. We also have the lime scent, but it brings back memories!

Chit Chatt said...

I am proud to say that I already knew every single one of those quirky things about you. I guess that knowledge came from living with you for 7 years.