Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Pack is Back!

One week from tomorrow, Rob and I will be kickin' it at the Magic Kingdom. I'm a little bummed that Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion will be closed for "Holiday Install," whatever that means, but I'm still really excited to spend 3 days at The Happiest Place on Earth with my honey for our anniversary.

While I was running my shopping errands today, I remembered that there were a few things I wanted to get that I thought would help me be a little happier and more comfy during my time in the park. You see, once my feet start hurting it's all over. And my feet usually start hurting, so Rob and I talked about getting some better shoes. I was seriously thinking about getting some Dr. Scholl's. Seriously. However, I tried them on and there was some uncomfortable heel rubbing. I won't be getting the Scholl's. And then I was thinking about which purse I would bring. It would need to be one I could sling across my body, and big enough to hold anything I might need during my time in the park. I have one that will suffice, but honestly, purses just get in the way. And that's when I thought about a Fanny Pack. Not that I'm ever going to get one because I'm not old enough to rock the pack with dignity, and not young enough to be ironic. I would just be a weirdo 30-something wearing a Fanny Pack at Disneyland. That is neither dignified nor ironic.

At what age is The Pack acceptable? My Grams rocked The Pack for a good 20 years and she especially looked good when she wore it to Costco with her puffy painted sweatshirts that said "#1 Grandma." And I'm not trying to be funny. That's just who my grandma was. If she didn't have either a Fanny Pack or something with puffy paints, it just wasn't her. If it weren't terribly disrespectful, I would have buried her with her fanny pack. Just sayin'.

I guess it's settled that I'll never be able to use a Fanny Pack. And I'm OK with that.

8 comments:

Katie said...

so funny. my sister asked me this summer if i happened to have a fanny pack her son could borrow. i was like, "ummm NO!" then we both laughed.

Unknown said...

NOOOOOOoooooOOOOooo on the fanny pack!

craig.boolean said...

So just yesterday Emma's school sent home this advertisement talking about all the holiday festivities going on at Disneyland. Apparently from Sept. 25th to Nov. 1st it's Halloween Time at Disneyland. Some of the attractions are Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday. That's why they will be closed. Too bad you will just miss them. Happy anniversary next week! --Holly

Heidi said...

Too bad they aren't cool, because they are so convenient.

Jim and Becky said...

On the bit about shoes...if you can swing it, you should definitely pick up some Merrell's. I'm like you when the feet hurt, it's over. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and worth every penny you spend on them.

foreverlaym said...

It's all about the Jazzy. Nuff said.

Katie said...

The fanny pack is useful only if you're packing heat.-Marc

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Oh man when I saw the picture of the man sporting the fanny pac I thought it was "The Hoff". Really I could see him wearing one.