There have only been a few times in my life where I needed to be knocked out for a medical procedure. Once when I got my wisdom teeth removed, once for a "lady problem", and then once again for an endoscopy.
When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I remember coming to and I swear the nurse was pinching me and so I started crying and I told her that she was mean and I wanted my mom. My mom came in and asked why I was crying and the nurse said it was the valium.
When I had my "lady problem", I came to and there was a guy in the room next to me who was moaning like he'd just been kicked in the gut and lost his puppy, so I told the nurse that she better tell that dude to shut up. She said "everyone deals with pain differently." Next, the doctor came in and told me I would be a little hoarse from the breathing tube stuck down my throat, so I said "you mean like Toby the Shetland Pony?" He just stared at me as I laughed and laughed and laughed at my own joke and then said I felt like there was a knife in my lady area. I just don't think he knew what to do with me, so he told the nurse to give me some drugs and he left. And then my friend, Robyn, came to pick me up and asked if I needed anything before we went home and I said "meatballs." That was a bad decision, given the fact that I was given some medication that sapped up all my saliva and I couldn't chew anything.
I don't remember doing anything funny after my endoscopy, but I do remember that I craved Red Robin something terrible.
So, I just got a call from the hospital and I am going in for my kidney stone surgery right now. I'm wondering what funny things I'm going to do and say after I come to from the anasthesia. I'm sure I'll tell you all about it, so stay tuned. And keep me in your prayers. And keep Rob's mom in your prayer's too. She's sick and in the hospital, too.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I'll be waiting for the story! :) Good luck!
good luck Jen
That's a bummer that you have to have surgery for the kidney stone. I hope everything goes well. Put me on your private blog. I'll send my email.
Highly anticipating your next blog entry. So sad you have to experience so much pain and trauma. This should be a lesson to you to stop hanging out at the hospital. You need a better hobby.
I'm sure the surgery will go fine, it's the recovery part that's rough! I'll be thinking of ya, it sure is miserable. Bob really had a rough time with his last one. They hooked him up to morphine that he could click on to give him the dosages and he was clicking on it every 30 seconds! This was before his surgery though. Luckily it automatically stops if you push it before the next 15 or so minutes so you can't OD. I hope you get a lot of pampering and attention while you recover! Oh man, I'm sorry you have to go through this!
I hope you got some Red Gatorade upon leaving the hospital :)
Good luck to you--hope all goes well.
Post a Comment