Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What is it with me and weirdos?

I must have a magnet that attracts strange people, because let me tell you, I run into a lot of them.

A few weeks ago, I started feeling this excruciating pain in my left side. Honestly, I thought my liver was busted. It was that bad. I drove to the InstaCare only to be told that our insurance wasn't accepted there, so I could either go next door to the emergency room or drive across town to a different urgent care. Always conscious of how much things cost, I opted for the urgent care on the other side of town even though I was in a lot of pain. On my way to the urgent care, I called my regular doctor and they said if I could get there in 20 minutes that the doctor could see me. I drove to his office, but by the time I got there, the pain was gone. It figures. Anyway, the doctor was pressing on my side and decided that my pain was being caused by a rib that was out of place. Probably from when I tripped and fell a few weeks before that. He suggested going to a chiropractor to get things aligned again.

I called Rob and he said that he had some pre-paid visits with a chiropractor that he goes to, so I decided to go there. Everything was normal with this chiropractor visit until he told me to turn around and he placed both hands on the back of my head and started rubbing/shimmying them down the back of my head and neck. He did this several times and then told me that my body had told him that my hip needed to be aligned, as well as my ribs and my back. When he said that my body had told him what was wrong, I said "how did my body tell you that?" So he starts explaining to me that his mind is asking my body a series of yes and no questions and depending on the answer, his left hand will drop because my left leg will drop if the answer is yes. Does anyone else think that's weird, or is it just me? I feel violated that his mind asked my body questions.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Um . . . ewwwww! I'd be creeped out. But that dude would fit in fabulously right here in Marin County. You should just see the Chi healers practically groping people at their farmer's market booth.

Heidi said...

I only think it's weird if it doesn't actually work. If he was right, then it seems great.

JMadd said...

Whatever he has done hasn't worked. From what another chiropractor told me, if after 3 visits you don't feel relief then chiropractic won't work for you. And as far as him asking my body questions with his mind, I told him right when I went in that my back, rib and hip hurt.

Nathan said...

His mind was asking your body questions?

Maybe he is in the same group with my sister's ex-mother-in-law.

You should ask him how his efforts to protect the world from alien invasion are going.