When Robert was in the hospital, I went to Target and bought some Dove chocolate hearts because they were on sale... and I wanted them. I guess Dove had some sort of flash of something and decided to get Martha Stewart to put the sayings on the inside of the wrapper. The sayings are things such as:
"Use pink bed linens for that romantic night."
"Use heart shaped floral foam to make a heart shaped floral arrangement."
"Use ribbon to embelish a box of chocolates."
"Store Valentine chocolate in a cool, dry place."
For reals, Martha?
I'm just wondering whose idea it was to do that.
Anyway, my Valentine's Day has been great. Robert and I went to the temple last night and then out to dinner. Today, we slept in and then came home from church and Robert grilled salmon and asparagus and I made a chocolate crock pot cake. Except that my cake burned to a crisp during the time we were at church and filled the whole house with smoke. I think my crock pot settings should be re-labeled as Atomic and Sub-Atomic because the directions said to cook it for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high. I put it on low right before we went to church and we were only gone for 3 hours. I'll have to figure out an adjustment on that recipe.
And now we're watching figure skating. Can life get any better?
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My crockpot cooks way to fast too! So much for a "slow cooker"
The Dove wrappers have messages written on them? Obviously I've been missiong out on some awesome info. I've just been eating the chocolate and throwing the wrappers away.
I got one of those Dove chocos (just one) and it said to store choco in a cool, dry place and I was like, say what? What have they done? I want the love note that used to be written on the inside!
Post a Comment