Thursday, February 11, 2010

This One's for You, Mal!

The cat has a really bad habit of needing to do her business right as Robert and I are saying our prayers or getting in to bed. Every single night! And since the litter box is in the bathroom attached to our bedroom, sometimes it gets really smelly. One night last week, just as I knelt down to pray, I heard the cat go into the bathroom and I could hear her scratching and moving the litter around. I finished my prayer and shut the bathroom door in a way that if she really needed to get back in there, she just needed to push it open. Robert and I both go to sleep and after a while, I started hearing meows right and left. I thought the cat wanted to play because she likes to do that after she finishes her business and we're already in bed for the night. I ignored it and went to sleep. During the night, I kept hearing meowing and things crashing, but I thought that the neighbors were up to something and I just get to the point where I don't listen to the meows. I was also having really strange dreams, and somehow all of the noises played into my dreams.

At about 3 am, I woke up because I was hot and needed to take my socks off and heard the meowing again. I realized that Kaydee was not meowing from the other room, the neighbors weren't making noises, and that my dreams had nothing to do with either, but that I had shut Kaydee into the bathroom! I shut the door in a way that she could get in if she needed to, but she couldn't get out. I opened the door and saw her curled up in the sink meowing her little heart out.

She's been ignoring me for about a week now.

2 comments:

Casey&Mal said...

BAHAHAHA! Serves her right!!!

Thanks,Jen. Bet you're loving her leaving you alone?

Karen Decker said...

Poor kitty.