The other day, Rob and I ventured off to Costco between conference sessions. I love Costco for so many reasons. I just wish I had a camera or my phone with me on this particular day, because I saw and heard some pretty funny things.
There was a group of people there, all women, who were wearing shirts that said "Team Jacob... Because Edward Bites."
Can I start a "Team Charlie... Because He's a Real Man" club? Let me know if you want to be a part of this club, and I'll get some shirts made and we can all go to Costco at the same time.
Costco was also giving samples of their new (but really are old and they just haven't sold them in years) cinnamon rolls, and the lady handing out the samples says to me and Rob, "Have a cinnamon roll. They're not to die for, they're to live for!"
The funny part about the whole thing is that she didn't sound very enthusiastic. She actually sounded like the people who work at the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. You know what I'm talking about, right?
There was other stuff I found funny, but would probably end up offending someone in my retelling of the story, so I'll leave them out.
What's some of the funny stuff you've seen at Costco lately?
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
My daughter. Running around in circles like a madwoman.
I can only imagine how many people are judging me for not keeping a tighter grip on my kid, but lassoing a tornado is pretty much impossible, except for Pecos Bill.
Ha ha ha!! Love the T shirt idea.
Our Costco isn't very funny. The Bay Area people take their shopping seriously. Bummer. :(
However, it is noteworthy that this particular Costco has the biggest wine and fancy schmancy cheese section I have ever seen. I live in a hoity toity place.
I am terrible about remembering funny things I see. But I do laugh A LOT everyday so there must be some good stories if I could only remember them. I do recall being VERY excited at all the cool stuff i saw in the Kauai Costco. It was macadamia heaven! Oh ya- I remember now...there was this tourist in a daze going around saying 'cool' and 'look at this' every five steps at the costco in Kauai.
First of all I want to be part of the team for real men because pretend men can't satisfy and are just dumb. Second I would really like to hear the other offensive stuff that happened at Costco. Third and final, I have missed your posts, it's good to have you back.
I love the Team Charlie idea! Hilarious!
I recently had an experience with an insane sample lady handing out (or not really) samples of hummus. She refused to give me a sample, yelled across the store at a small boy to wait his turn until she was done filling a tray, then glared at my friend when she snagged 3 samples (one for me, herself and Baby Beck). I could have yelled back, but I resisted.
Did they say, "You'll just die if you don't try this cinnamon roll?" Or perhaps, "The dead center of teh cinnamon roll is the best?" I just love those Disneyland peeps. Hey, we had the cinnamon roll samples at our Costco too, and they were really good. I almost ate Jane's sample.
Last week, when we were at Costco, one of the sample ladies got in a fight (verbal, of course) with one of the shoppers. It was not so much funny, but rather very uncomfortable. But you know those sample people go through a lot during the day!
Oh my heck..I saw this guy walking around with the best Elvis hair EVER. I told my friend who works there about him and his response was "Oh, I know! He comes in all of the time."
So great, I snuck a picture with my phone. Give me your email and I'll send it to you. ha
Sorry I gotta ask..
Who is Charlie?
Charlie is Bella's father... one of the only characters in the books that doesn't turn into a vampire or a werewolf at some time.
lol, I get it now... the new moon books or whatever they are called. I'm soooo out of 'IT' and I'm not sure if that is good or bad?
Post a Comment