Friday, March 28, 2008

Do you hear what I hear?


I was having a really hard time sleeping last night because a) I flossed my teeth a little too vigorously and my gums were hurting, b) I was freezing cold, and c) I swear someone rang the doorbell at 2:30 am and then again at 5:30 am. I don't know if I am imagining this or not. When I heard it the first time, I sat up in bed and waited to hear someone else in the house stir or for another ring. Nothing. So I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't because I was paranoid that somebody did ring the doorbell and they were doing it to see if someone would answer before they broke into the house and robbed me and my roommates of either our possesions or our virtue.

After deciding that I really didn't hear anything, I settled down and was able to sleep until 5:30 am when, ding-dong, the doorbell rang again. But this time I was really confused because I had been dreaming that I was in the living room waiting for someone to come to the house. I couldn't tell if the doorbell rang in my dream or in real life. I waited for a little while for any signs that anyone else heard it or for another ring and this time I heard my roommate getting up. Maybe she heard it, I was thinking. But then I heard her alarm and figured that she must have been awakened by that. I guess I'll never know if the ringing doorbell was real or imagined.

I did have a piece of dark chocolate last night before I went to bed, so maybe I was having chocolate-induced nightmares. Or maybe I am stressing out about my impending haircut tomorrow and the stress is manifesting itself in imagined doorbell ringings in the early hours - my stylist is placing a lot of pressure on me to cut it but I just don't know. I've grown attached to my long hair, or rather it to me, and don't know if I'm ready to part ways quite yet. Or maybe it really happened, in which case I'm even more scared. I don't know if I can sleep in my house tonight, can I sleep in your's?

Should I cut my hair into a cute, little a-line bob, a la Posh but not as short and stringy, or leave the luscious locks as they are? I want to hear your opinions, America. Post a comment - I'm not sure I'll be swayed by anyone's opinion, but I want to know what people think.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't hear anything! You know me though, once I am asleep I am asleep. Did our other roomate come home super late? Did you really hear a bell? How odd. I don't hear anything, bearly my alarm even. LOL.

About the hair, I think you have a beautiful face so either your old hair or new would look fab. And this is just my opinion, but I don't ever think about what guys will think about my hair when I cute it, but maybe I should, because I don't think I have actually changed my look in several years.....I say go with the cut and have something fresh!

JMadd said...

Our roommate was in bed waaaay before either of us were. I think I heard the bell... but, like I said, I could have imagined it.

I just don't know about the hair! Maybe I should wait until I'm absolutely sure.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks good both long and short, but I have preferences on the long side. It is fun to have somehting new, but I just like long hair. And I
ve seen yours both long and short and I think I like long best.
You can stay at my house if you want to so no one steals your possesions or your virtue, but it will take you a while to get there...

Katie said...

Marc LOVES a-lines! he once dated a girl just because her was cut in an a-line!

kenzor said...

Jen,

I think you should grow your hair out into dreadlocks. That would definitely hook "teh boyzors". Also, loved the story of the Asian jewelry maker. Didn't you know that Barbara and I met on hotornot.com? Just kidding, DON'T DO IT. Although, apprentice jewelmaker is a worthy profession. You could jazz it up by spelling it "ye olde geowlmacher". I hear it is very big in Prague.

Also, you can check out our blog at kenandbarbara.blogspot.com. You need an invitation to read it (which we will send your way shortly) and a gmail account, which I know you have. So there you go.