I think there's something wrong with me. Last night I came home from the temple around 8pm. I pulled into the garage but didn't shut the door behind me because I was going to put my stuff in the house and then go out to the curb and bring in the trash can. I got in the house, put down my stuff, and then my phone rang. I finished talking, locked the front door, turned off all of the lights and shut the blinds, and then went upstairs to get ready for bed.
Flash forward to this morning. I hear the garage door open and then I heard the front door slam. I went downstairs to see what was going on and the garage door was closed. But then I heard some strange noises coming from either upstairs or my neighbor - I couldn't tell. I called my roommate just to be sure that it was her and not someone else.
I got a voicemail from her later in the morning and she said that she shut the garage because it was open when she left the house this morning. I left it open last night, along with the door from the garage into the house, and left my car unlocked. I also had my purse with my wallet and car keys just sitting on the couch. What was I thinking? I guess I wasn't thinking!
I feel clumsy, like the Fergie song of the same name.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh that is something I think that I would do, it is okay, you probably had other things on your mind.
I don't have a garage so that one has not happened to me. I have left the front door unlocked on occasion. When that happens I thank the Lord that nothing bad happened.
I can't even tell you how many times I have left my keys in the front door all night long and not realized it until the next day!!!
Well thank heavens you did it too! I'm glad we don't live in a neighborhood full of molesters...
Post a Comment