My co-worker and I have decided that short weeks are worse than 5-day work weeks. Why? Because the first day of the week is Tuesday and it is much worse than any Monday has ever been. I don't know about anyone else, but I stayed up way too late last night and then rolled out of bed this morning and stumbled into work. I had so much back-log to take care of, a gazillion emails, and on top of that I just didn't want to work. I broke one of my rules and had a Diet Coke this afternoon (it's a good thing that Diet Coke guy left one for me) and now I have heartburn. But at least I was able to stay awake during a super boring teleconference and a meeting that followed directly after. It was a toss up - staying awake and possibly having heartburn or falling asleep and embarassing myself. I'll take pain over humiliation any day.
I think I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Amen to all of that. I felt the same way. But try to stay away from the caffeine :)
Sorry, then we stayed up super late talking last night....is today another Diet Coke day? Too bad all jobs don't have summer vacations.
Post a Comment