Monday, June 30, 2008

Caught between a rock and a hard place

I've been feeling sick to my stomach ever since lunchtime. I guess it could be that I ate something that didn't agree with me, but more likely it's because I just filled my car up with gas and it cost me $60.01. In the grand scheme of things, $60.01 isn't a lot when compared to the price of a house or a nose job, but when I compare it to the cost of a lot of other things I start to feel ill. Especially when I consider that I could be putting that $60 toward some wedding costs. It is 15% of the remaining balance of my wedding dress. It could buy almost one place setting of china from my gift registry. I could get my hair cut and colored for the same amount, and it would last substantially longer. The list goes on, and I should probably stop complaining since the person that pumped before me left their receipt and I saw that they spent $97.29. And I thought that buying a sporty Korean family sedan would save me money. Who knew?

2 comments:

McCarthas said...

Amen, there are a lot of things that we could spend our extra money on, but that is life we can't really do anything about it but push our government officials to do something about it.

Unknown said...

LOL. That is a funny pic and how true! I used to be able to drive home to WA for $40. No anymore!