The post you've all been waiting for. It finally happened, Rob and I are getting married!!! And I've got the pictures to prove it. We went to LA over the weekend so that Rob could meet my parents and ask my dad if he could marry me. I was so worried that my family wouldn't like him, but more worried that he wouldn't like them. We're kind of a weird bunch, so I thought it likely that he might just run in the other direction when he met them. I couldn't be more pleased that my family likes him and he likes them. My nephew especially likes him. All weekend he kept asking me if Robert was going to be part of the family and if Robert was going to be his uncle. Last night before he went to bed he gave me a hug and then went over to Robert and gave him a hug and said "I'll miss you." I guess he's not going to miss me. He better remember what side his bread is buttered on if he knows what's good for him.I was really worried for Robert to talk to my dad, so I gave him every possible scenario before we went to LA. I was surprised, but not surprised at my dad's answer. "She's old enough to make her own decisions. Actually, it's probably better because she'll be your problem now." Gotta love dads. But seriously, that's just my dad's way of doing things. All weekend I wasn't quite sure what he was thinking. He finally told me last night that he was happy for me. And of course my mom is excited.
Since I was expecting the proposal this weekend, I was going over every possibility in my head. My first guess was that he would do it at the beach but he didn't seem to be fidgety or weird while we were there, and I felt like he had multiple opportunities to have already done it, so I started thinking he would do it at the Griffith Park Observatory. Right as the sun was almost completely behind the Malibu part of the Santa Monica Bay, he turned his back to me, but I still wasn't thinking he would do it then. All of a sudden, he was on one knee asking me to marry him. He'll say that I answered before he even asked, but he's full of it - I waited for the full question. I got really embarrased because there were a lot of people on the beach that night due to the blazing hot weather over the weekend. As I looked around, I noticed that no one was even paying attention.
Life is great now that I am engaged... there's a lot of pressure off because now I can talk about it and make plans freely; however, I've noticed that everyone has come out of the woodwork with suggestions for how we should do the wedding. It's nice that everyone wants to help, but a little overwhelming, too. I'm going to try really hard not to be a bridezilla. If I am, please forgive me and know that I'll be back to normal by September.
I've always heard that when you meet the right one that things just fall into place... and they have. I feel really blessed to be marrying such a wonderful man and am looking forward to a great life with him. He's pretty great!


11 comments:
Jen
I'm so excited for you. Rob is a great guy and you deserve the best! Can't wait to hear the story in person.
:) Ditto. I am really happy for you too. :)
Once again, Jen and Rob are getting married - whoopidy doo!
We're totally stoked for you!
Congrats Jen! I'm so happy for you, that's so exciting! When is the big day? In September?
Yeah!!!!!!
So when are you guys going to merge your blogs into one? Such a beautiful sign of commitment these days ;)
congrats congrats! i'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear/talk about it in person!
Blog merging? I don't know if that's appropriate until after we're married. I might need to go talk to the bishop about it ;)
While you're talking to your Bishop, you might as well ask when it is ok to merge your cell phone plans too-it took Marc and me a year into our marriage before we were ready for that one! ;)
great to read the whole story! congrats again!! :o)
Well, at least you didn't buy your wedding dress before he asked you to marry him like I did with Phil. That came as quite a shock to him one night when I announced it to him as we drove home from Movies 8. Congratulations!
Post a Comment