Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF... sort of

Friday afternoons from about 2pm to 5pm are the worst time ever!!! Especially on the Fridays where we have a company potluck and we all just sit around eating lunch, leaning back in our chairs and telling cat stories. We really did that today. I heard some scary cat stories, which are making me feel totally not jazzed about having a cat as a pet. I did hear that spray bottles are indespensible and you can put your cat in "time out" if it is naughty. Sounds like good times. I digress... my point is that it is hard to work when you have a full belly and you've been sitting around for 90 minutes just shootin' the breeze. I think that we should just be able to go home after occasions such as this.

We all went back to our desks around 2, and I was really dreading getting back to work, when I opened up MSN.com and saw that Tim Russert, of "Meet the Press" fame, died today. I announced it, figuring that we could spend at least 15-20 minutes discussing the event, but all I got was "who's that?" and "hmm, that's sad." Dang it! I guess I tried.

People around this place have too good of a work ethic. I miss the old Symantec days where the office cleared out around 2, and anyone left after that was either a sucker or worked in Sales Support - I exclude all of you SSC peeps from the "sucker" category because I realize that you just don't have the option of leaving early. One time, I left work early and decided to catch an afternoon matinee and ran into the CFO. He didn't say "why are you at the movie at 3pm when you should still be at work." He was like, "hey, nice to see you here. What show are you here to see? Well, awesome! You'll have to tell me about it on Monday." People at Connect PR stay late on Friday. I'm not down with that. And I feel guilty for not staying late just because there are a lot of people who do. Overachievers, all of them!!!

So, this is my pity party. I hate Friday afternoons, blah, blah, blah. If you'd like to join, I have one every Friday afternoon from 2-5pm. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

P.S. I made Martha Stewart's Creamy Lemon Squares for the potluck today. I have one word... notworthit. That's all one word.

2 comments:

McCarthas said...

Oh my goodness, I hate Fridays afternoons with a passion, that is why I usually work through my lunches for half the week to go home at 3pm. It is totally worth it to me.

Unknown said...

Did any of the cat stories rival Poe's "The Black Cat?" :)