I'm getting married in 36 days, but that's not what I want to talk about. Back a few posts, I talked about the awesome cleaning lady that came to the house and cleaned up after the roomie got married and moved to Germany. Well, said cleaning lady cleans the office I work at. She's really thorough, and by thorough I mean that she cleans everything on our desks... even things you do not want her to clean. I thought someone was playing an office prank on me by cleaning up the dust bunnies behind my monitor, making my calendar crooked, organizing my pens and papers, and taking my cup off of the desk, washing it and then placing it in the office kitchen cupboard. I thought I was going insane because I would leave my cup on the desk and the next morning it would be in the kitchen ,and since I didn't remember putting it in there, I thought I was for sure losing it. I finally figured out that my desk wasn't the only one that was cleaned/messed with. It was the cleaning lady who was taking my cup back to the kitchen and washing it. Darn her and her niceness!!! So I thought I'd be OK with her washing the cup, but then one day I came in and my bran muffin from the Provo Bakery, which I had purposely saved in a paper bag from the day before, was gone! Oh, the humanity! I marched right into my boss's office and told her of the crime that had been committed and she said she would leave the cleaning lady a note.
Well, now the cleaning lady doesn't even touch my desk. I left my nail clippers next to my mouse pad, a half empty 32 oz. cup of Diet Dr. Pepper from Maverick, a bunch of papers scattered around, and my beloved turquoise cup sitting on the desk and she didn't do anything. She could have at least put the nail clippers in my drawer and threw away the flat Diet DP Maverick cup. Gosh, I just wanted my turquoise cup to be left alone, and now I'm being neglected altogether.
Maybe I should leave her a nice note that says, "Dear Theresa, " (yes, I know her first name), "Thank you for your thoroughness at cleaning the office. You have somehow managed to rid the office of an unknown stench that has been present since I started working here. You also do a marvelous job at dusting behind the monitors. I appreciate your hard work in keeping the bathroom mold-free. I have a few requests... can you please replace the soap in the bathroom with something like Sweet Pea scented anti-bacterial moisturizing hand soap from Bath & Body Works? They're on sale 5 for $15 right now. Also, I would really appreciate it if you would clean my desk, but please keep your paws off my bran muffins and my turquoise cup. Nail clippers and 32oz. half-empty Maverick cups are not on the exception list. Yours truly, JMadd."



2 comments:
LOL. Oh, the troubles! I wish she would clean our house.
Aw Jen...if only you'd known what a good thing you had when you had it!!!! Our cleaning lady leaves us notes...they're on red paper and in bold letters...usually telling us what things she wants us to and not to put in the trash can. I think she's rude.
Post a Comment