We had a lot of good times with these guys, and were really sad when one of them moved out. We missed Bob, but the guy who took his place seemed like he'd be alright. Shortly after Russ... or Ross... or Randy moved in, Chit Chatt and I asked Scott what he was like and whether the guys liked him as a rommmate. This was Scott's response: "His diet consists mostly of sausage and cheese. I don't think that's very healthy." I said, "what does that mean?" Scott said, "he has a certain smell." Nuff said, Scott Stoddard. Chit Chatt and I moved shortly after this, so we never really got a chance to know Russ/Ross/Randy. I do remember him having a certain smell.
So flash forward to 2008. Right before the hubs and I got married, I started craving bean and cheese burritos from Beto's/Rancherito's/Whatever the heck it's called these days. I told Rob this and he touched my forehead and asked if I was doing alright. I know, I know. Beto's is hardly the pinnacle of culinary quality, but I was always needing a bean and cheese burrito real bad. I craved them daily. I hadn't indulged that craving until today. See, I went home for lunch and smelled some Mexican goodness coming from the ghetto Tesoro/Taco Shop/Smoke Shop next door and it must have triggered my Beto's reflex. Maybe that's why I've been craving the B&C burrito every day since I moved into our condo. Anyway, I couldn't take it any longer. I had to indulge my Beto's craving.

I am hooked now! I want to eat a B&C burrito from Beto's every single day! Maybe that's what happened to Russ/Ross/Randy with the sausage and cheese diet. I just don't want Rob to say, when someone asks how 'being married' is, "being married is great, except Jen's diet consists entirely of bean and cheese burritos from Beto's." To which someone might say, "what does that mean?" And Rob would say "there's a certain smell to her." So, I have resolved not to eat B&C burritos from Beto's every day... just on the 4th Friday of every month.


4 comments:
That is a very delicious burrito; however, our family favorite is the steak breakfast burrito. YUM! Bob left. I got over it. Scott Stoddard...
What was his name??? It was something different like Randall, but that's not it. Oh the days.
You should try the taco shop in the gas station. Their burritos are better than betos. I know it is hard to believe that a gas station could produce something edible, but know that I have eaten there, I am always tempted to stop.
I would advise not eating at Beto's at all...although I do think it's okay to eat a bean and cheese burrito every once in a while...as long as you eat clean smelling foods the rest of the month!!! HAHA!
Oh, and you should totally get some Gap photos...
Post a Comment