Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Major Award

Do you remember when I posted about Shirley J's products a few weeks ago? I did that post as an entry into a contest to win their entire product line. And guess what? I won the entire product line! This is a major award! Maybe not as major as Becca and John winning round-trip airline tickets, but it's major to me. I've never really won anything in my entire life through luck. I'm what doctors might call "luck-challenged." Sure I've won things through merit, like the Stake Speech Festival and the Freedom Foundation Essay Contest, but never has my luck been lucky.

I went to pick up the goods yesterday and Becky gave me some good pointers on how to use the products. I'm excited for the cream bases and I'm sure Rob is excited about the dutch oven spices. I'll have to let you know how I like them. And if you come to my house for dinner, you'll probably be asking yourselves "is it Shirley J or Jenny from the Block?" You'll never know.

And as a side note, they totally laughed at my comment about the "Dharma" labels and they've hired a designer to re-do all of them. I saw a sneak peek yesterday and they look awesome!

6 comments:

Katie said...

How exciting!

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

This is AMAZING. Good for you, it is exciting.

Heidi said...

Congrats Jen! Let me know if you need a neighbor to taste test anything.

Unknown said...

Alright, this calls for dinner party I think. :D

Cheryl said...

Wow! Congratulations on winning! I've never been a lucky one either for winning stuff, so I'm happy for you! Enjoy the goods! :)

foreverlaym said...

Hey, it's better than a leg lamp. Congratulations~