Thursday, May 28, 2009
Bit Off More Than We Can Chew
Last weekend, Rob and I decided to finally get to work on ripping down the wallpaper so we could paint the family room and kitchen. Well, one thing led to another and we now have about a month's worth of work to do. When taking down the wallpaper, we thought, let's sand the mantle over the fireplace and throw some stain on it. We might as well laquer it, too. Oh, and let's put in a ceiling fan... and canned lights and new light fixtures in the kitchen. And somewhere in all of that we figured that the wallpaper adhesive wasn't going to come off, so we would have to re-texture the walls. Well, you can't just spray some plaster on the walls without covering everything up so we've got all of the appliances out of the kitchen and plastic over all of the cabinets, walls, and ceiling that we don't want to texturize. Come visit us sometime in 2010... the project might be finished by then ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Exciting stuff. You too always seem to have one project or another going on.
Did you remember to cover up the cat? Good luck with all of those projects! When you finally finish, you'll be able to put up all of your cute Krumpets decorations!
I should have covered the cat. We moved the stove, and of course Kaydee was sniffing around in the area where it used to be, and when she walked away, her whole belly was covered in dust. She looked like a reverse skunk.
That's always the way things go for us, too -- but that's half the fun, I think. I kinda' wish I was there to help you. You would have to pay for it all, though. I can't help with that.
Post a Comment