Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Shake 'n' Bake, and I helped!

Just in case you were wondering, it's dang hot right now in Utah. My mother would call it "earthquake weather" if she lived in Utah and there were earthquakes of size here.

Last night I had a vociemail from my mom that said "We're OK. It was a big one, but we're all safe." And that's all she said. I didn't really know what she was talking about, but since she said "big one" it was safe to assume she meant that there was an earthquake. I pulled up the LA Times online, and sure enough, the headline says "Quake Strikes East of LAX," and since my parents live just north of LAX, I knew it was close. It was a 5.2 on the Richter Scale, which is moderately big, considering that "THE BIG ONE" will probably be somewhere in the 7-8 range.

I called my mom for the details and she told me that after the earthquake, my nephew got out of his bed and came into the family room and said, "which one of you was shaking my bed?" I guess ignorance is bliss.

4 comments:

Chit Chatt said...

Crazy on the earthquake shaking and baking your family! Tyler, Tyler, Tyler. Bless him.

Casey&Mal said...

Tyler is so cute. I saw this on the news today. I didn't realize your family was so close! Glad to see they're okay!!!

foreverlaym said...

That's funny (but not funny-ha-ha) because when I was in LA on the mish, there was an earthquake (a small one) and I was in bed at the time and wondered who was shaking it. I thought it was my companion just trying to bug me (which she did, frequently). Nope, it was an earthquake. Glad everyone's okay!

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad your family was ok, I heard about it on the news and thought of your family.