Monday, September 28, 2009

Bad Luck Chuck

Last night I was chillin' out at the ER (that's just what I do these days), and I saw the funniest/saddest thing happen. A woman came in and she looked really bad. If I were to make a diagnosis, I'd say she had a kidney stone. But I'm not a doctor, so I can't say for sure. All I can say is that she looked bad. After she went to the triage nurse, she was brought into a room that had a gurney and some other medical equipment. The room was a straight shot from where I was sitting in the waiting room, so I could see right in. She was on the gurney, and her husband was standing in the doorway. All of a sudden, he goes straight down, like a domino. He did a belly flop/face plant with the linoleum and it sounded really bad. All of these people come running in and I can hear them saying things like "you're at the hospital," "you're going to need stitches."

Apparently, as the nurse was starting an IV on his wife, he saw blood and just passed out right there and broke his nose and busted open his forehead in the process. That's the sad part. The funny part is that he had to be brought back the the ER on the gurney his wife was laying on, and she had to walk herself back. That's also the sad part.

If you're ever bored, head on down to the ER. There's a reason that "ER" was on the air for 100 seasons.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That would have been a sight to see!