I was watching Kathy Lee and Hoda on the Today Show yesterday and they were talking about a poll done by Glamour Magazine about gross things that people admit to doing. One of the things was re-wearing dirty underwear. I don't remember the exact figure, but it was something like 37% of people polled admitted to wearing their underwear twice. OK, that is gross. My momma raised me to change my underwear every single day. Some of the other things aren't so gross, but Kathy Lee and Hoda seemed to be having a coronary over some of them.
1) Some people admitted that they don't shower every single day. Kathy Lee looked like she was about to lose her lunch, and I was thinking to myself, that's not gross. I know a lot of people who don't shower every single day and I don't think they smell or have bad hygiene. I've been known to skip my shower if I'm in a hurry and I don't smell.
2) Wearing clothing 2-3 times before washing. Again, Kathy Lee was mortified. I probably shouldn't tell Kathy Lee that I wear my jeans at least 2-3 times before washing. Unless they get really dirty, I just don't think jeans need to be washed every single time. I also wear things like sweaters more than once.
3) 70% of women said that they wear their bras for more than a week before washing. Hoda said she only owns 3-4 bras, so she could understand that one. Kathy Lee moved her chair over a few inches.
So, I've set up a few polls to the side to see what my readers do and think. I've done it as a poll so you can remain anonymous, but feel free to leave comments.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I admit to 1 - 3. Hey, if you are a mom, you are lucky to get a daily shower. And, if you have to pay as much as we do for laundry and lug it up and down stairs, you'd make every wearing count too. I don't really care what Kathy Lee thinks. I bet someone does all her housekeeping for her anyway so she doesn't count.
You didn't ask about the bra thing. I wear garments so I pretty much always go a week before I wash mine, unless I do yard work.
I think all of those things are okay - as long as you are WEARING CLEAN UNDERWEAR! :D
Post a Comment