I have decided that I don't like Jack Johnson anymore. Maybe it's because I'm burned out... when I listen to my iPod on shuffle, every other song is a Jack Johnson song. Maybe because I hear his songs so often, I listen to the lyrics more and and I am just not impressed. I'm taking all Jack Johnson songs off of my iPod unless someone can give me a really compelling reason to keep them on there.
In other news, it is HOT in Provo. I am a little miffed that we seemed to go straight from Winter to Summer and skipped Spring altogether. What's up with that? Yesterday was near 90 and today is supposed to be near 95. I just don't know if I can go an entire summer with this weather. I'm pretty sure that it was so hot in my house last night that my blood neared boiling temperatures, and I was sweating so bad that I had to wash my sheets this morning. For real. But it's OK because I was up at 5am, so I had time to do a load of laundry. I don't like hot weather. I'm convinced that I'm like a chocolate bar. Nice, creamy, and sweet when the temperatures are mild. But then when it gets hot I get all melty and runny and cause problems for everyone. I hope that my boyfriend will still love me at the end of the summer.
Speaking of my boyfriend, he is still awesome! Yesterday was our 1 month anniversary and I still can't believe that a blind date could turn out so amazingly. A lot of you have been asking for pictures so I took a picture with my camera phone, but I don't look so hot in it... I won't be posting any pictures where I don't look hot. Hopefully we can snap some great pics this weekend. I've also had requests to hold a meet n' greet at my casa where all of my friends can meet him. Stay tuned for date and time.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have had similar feelings about Jack Johnson, but I thought I was alone. I think it is because when I am anywhere near a beach in any part of the world Jack Johnson is playing. Can't you listen to anyone else at the beach. How about a little Bob Marley or Kalai? They make good beach music. I wish I was at the beach. Then I would like the 90 degree weather. Woah, that was a long comment.
I have never liked Jack Johnson. He is just too mellow for me. I need a little edge in my music. I'm glad to see that others in the world feel the same way as me. P.S. This is Robyn's sister, Holly.
So I liked the Curious George soundtrack that he did...but I agree with you...worn out. I also realized that he's becoming too trendy. I know some people who don't have any taste in music who keep raving about him. Probably because they've never heard anything better. I'm with you on this. PS had lunch with some Altiris folks today---Joshwa, Aaron, Jmac, Amy Mel...they were asking about you!!
Oh you should so do a meet and greet. :) Congrats on 1 month.
I have liked Jack Johnson, but it does seem lately that all of his songs sound exactly the same . . . that is so exciting about your 1 month anniversary, I'm so happy that your blind date turned out so great!! That's exciting and I definately want to see pictures and meet him! Have fun!
Post a Comment