So I know that a lot of you have been dying to know how the blind date I blogged about a few weeks ago went. It went nothing like the foreboding episode of The Office the night before, for which I am glad.
First of all, I have to give a shout out to my friend Mark for setting us up. I was a little worried because Mark likes everyone and I didn't know what I was coming up against, but kudos to him for setting me up with such a wonderful man.
Our first date was pleasant... he was polite, respectful, kind, chivalrous, but most of all I could tell that he was a truly decent person. Actually, decent is too benign a term... he was more than decent. I could tell that he had a good heart and that he was righteous. I could see light eminating from him, which is why I said "we should do this again sometime" when he dropped me off. Who knew that those 6 words would get an unstoppable ball rolling! Since April 19, we have seen or talked to one another pretty much every single day except for two - the day after our date and the Wednesday after.
After knowing each other for only two and a half weeks, we are officially dating and very happy to be with one another. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure.
I know this sounds kind of like an advertisement for blind dates, and it kind of is. I would encourage those of you who are single to embrace the blind date. I know a lot of happy couples who have met that way.
I don't have any pictures, but as soon as I do I will post some. He's quite handsome... and fortunately, I'm not the only one who thinks so. I've always wanted to date someone who was universally good looking, much like I am ;)
So thanks to all of you for your well wishes, and especially for your prayers. Hillary Clinton likes to say that it "takes a village" to raise a family, but I like to think it takes a village to get one started... putting two people together, I mean ;) Through this whole experience, the one thing that has been abundantly clear to me is that Heavenly Father does listen to and answer our prayers. Robert has been an answer to mine in so many ways.
Don't get too excited for me yet, though. Afterall, we have only known one another for two and a half weeks!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Well I'm excited for you, but I am still not going to accept the blind date with the dude that has "been clean for a year" according to my student. LOL :)
Oh I am so happy for you Jen. But remember how fast Rockey and I got together, you just never know. Congrats and good luck and yes the Lord knows us so well to put the people we need in our lives at just the right time. :) Tell me more when you can.
Keep me posted on this! I'll be looking forward to a picture soon!
Woo-hoo, Jen!! Can't wait for pictures (and a little more info about this awesome guy you have found).
Post a Comment