Monday, May 19, 2008

So long, farewell...

As some of you may know, my dear grandmother passed away last Monday. Grandma Dee had been sick for a while, but thankfully it wasn't a long time. It was always her fear that she would have to be cared for by her family for a long time, just like her own mother who had a stroke in her 80s and lived well into her 90s but was completely bedridden the entire time. Grandma Dee was only really ill for a few months, but it was a blessing for her to go because she was in so much pain.

I loved Grandma Dee very much. Since she lived next door, I saw her every day growing up. Not only was she my grandmother, but she was a good friend. I'm so glad that I could spend as many years with her as I did and will remember her always.

My grandma was always really nosey, looking in windows, spying on neighbors from her living room, and asking tons of questions. I'll miss that, but know that she'll still be spying on me from heaven. I hope she likes what she sees!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful tribute to your grandmother! :)

McCarthas said...

I agree, what a sweet expression of your love of grandmother.

kenzor said...

This makes me sad! I remember going to Grandma Dee's house. She was a wonderful person.

Casey&Mal said...

Jen you're too cute. I'm happy you're back in town.