Friday, May 9, 2008

They're Ronald Reagan's Favorite Treat


And apparently, they are the snack of choice for my Diet Coke guzzling co-worker. I love the picture above because this is what his desk looks like. I didn't take the picture, it just popped up during a Google search for Jelly Bellies. On Monday DCG brought in one of the above, Costco-sized container of Jelly Bellies. The container was full then, it is now almost empty like the above container. And the worst part of it is that he pours the beans into a smaller glass dish, making this crazy loud sound that echoes throughout the office. He does this about 3 times a day. At first, I thought "who is pouring nails into the trash can, and why?" And now that I know what he is up to, I just get annoyed.
So not only am I annoyed by Diet Coke guy, I also feel bad for him. We had an office potluck today, and both DCG and I brought desserts. I brought these pretty little pink cupcakes that look like they were made by Ina Garten, and DCG brought some sort of pie-like substance. I say pie-like, because I'm not actually sure that it was pie. If given the choice, you would choose the cupcake. And everyone did choose a cupcake. We have a partner that is so skinny that if she were to turn sideways she'd disappear, and even she ate one of my cupcakes. I'm sure she only allows herself sugar on 3 occasions during the year: Christmas, Thanksgiving, and 1 day of choosing. I feel privileged that she chose my cupcake for sugar day #3. No one ate DCG's pie. Maybe if he sprinkled some Jelly Bellies on it...

2 comments:

Christine said...

We live near the Jelly Belly Factory and they give daily free tours. It's pretty interesting and of course you can't leave without buying some from the gift shop. :)

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

okay this is so funny. i love the juicy pair flavor...can you snag some and hide it in my old desk...assumming i come back?

i was laughing outloud on this post.


and I'M SO SAD I MISSED YOUR CUPCAKES! dang!