My roommate got married and moved out last week and since she was under such a time crunch to get out, the company that her husband works for (which happens to be the same one I work for) paid for a house cleaner to come clean her room and bathroom. The lady did an awesome job, and she was quick, and the house smelled all nice and clean afterward. Not hotel or office building chemical clean, but actual clean. This lady even cleaned the blinds and the baseboards! I figured that since my roommate was known to use the kitchen from time to time, and spilled hot wax on the floor that hasn't ever come off, that I could throw the floor into the mix of things the maid was going to clean. Don't worry, I asked my boss for permission before I told the lady to clean it. I was amazed... no wax, no potting soil ground into the floor, and no plant leaves all over the place. It was like heaven. A nice, bright, clean heaven.So I've decided I need a maid - one like Alice from the Brady Bunch, except I won't make her wear a uniform and I don't really want her living at my house... or cooking me dinner and folding my undies. I want her to be like a pixie or a brownie, coming when I'm asleep or not home, doing good deeds and cleaning my house without me even knowing. And if it could all be free, that would be even better. But alas, reality sets in and I know that having a maid is something that's reserved for the rich and famous... or my friend Mallory.
Even though I know I cannot afford to hire a maid to do all of my cleaning, I'm beginning to think it might not be a bad idea to hire someone to come clean the condo after I move out in August and to clean Rob's condo before I move in. For a bachelor, he's pretty clean... but he's still a bachelor, and he currently has a bachelor roommate who does not like to do dishes, which makes me wonder what else he doesn't like to clean. Anyway, I just think it would be a good idea to hire a professional to do the place up right so that we can start our married life off in a
white-glove kind of clean house. And that way when my mom comes to help the week before the wedding, her OCD need to clean stuff won't kick in and she can help with more important things. I'm just really feeling the need to rationalize getting a maid to do my cleaning, so I hope that Rob will read this and be convinced by my rationalizing and let me get a lady to come clean.


5 comments:
I remember after I had been married for about a month or so telling Heidi that I felt like I was doing laundry twice as much and then I realized . . . I guess there is now twice as much to do! Housework NEVER ends! I try to sit back now and then and enjoy my clean house with all the laundry done . . . then about 5 mins. pass and something else needs to be cleaned AGAIN. Homemaking is an art-right???
That would be awesome to have a maid. I would love one myself.
I COMPLETELY support your efforts to hire a maid...even if he/she only comes once every few weeks or once a month. It's still much easier to have someone else take apart your couches and vacuum them for you!!!!! If you need Casey to call Rob and convince him, I'm sure he'd go for it! Our place has never been so consistantly clean! I am in full support of hiring a maid. I also know about 4 people at work who have them too!!!!
Glad it's clean. Wow, I wasn't there to witness the clean smell! Did you have her clean our rooms too? JK.
I should have had her clean our bathroom! I would have needed to clean my room before I could have her clean it because it is just that messy!
Post a Comment