Last night, as we're getting into bed, Rob enthusiastically asks me "wanna see something?" I got all excited because I had no idea what he was going to show me, and I thought it might be really good. He jumps up on the bed and I start to get up there, too, when he points to his big toe. I wondered what I was supposed to be seeing, when he says "look! My toes!"
I think I've mentioned this before, but I have an aversion to feet. Even my own. I think that feet are nasty, especially ones with jagged toe nails and toe jam in the corners of the nails and cracked heels, etc. Since before we were married, I have always been telling Rob to get the toe jam out of the corners of his toe nails and he always says "why, it's just going to come back." Before I finish this story, please know that Rob has very good hygiene in general and that he also authorized this post. He knows I'm writing about it. Usually, I get grossed out enough that I just grab his foot and some pedicure implements and take care of the problem for him.
So last night, the "something" he wanted me to see was his cleaned-out, clipped toe nails. He was just like a little boy, proud of his accomplishment. And, although I was not expecting his toe nails to be what he wanted me to see, I was proud of him, too.
I love the little gestures my husband makes each and every day. And even though cleaning the toe jam from his nails is a little wierd, it's still a gesture and I love that he does those little things.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hey, we take what we can get! One day it's cleaning out his toenails, and the next is cleaning the entire house!
I JUST WANNA' KNOW -- IS THE CONDO PAINTED YET? (I don't know why this is in all caps)
I'm going to buy the paint for the family room today :)
The other day I was thinking of how ugly my feet looked lately and I remembered some friend of mine had a huge aversion to feet, but I couldn't remember who it was! It was you! :)
That is really sweet, in an odd way. Way to go Rob!!
Post a Comment