Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jack is Back! (but not that Jack)


Tonight is going to be the best night of television EVER! Both Lost and The Office are on. I know that it sounds like I watch a lot of TV, but I really only watch 3 shows - The Office, Lost, and 24... and occasionally What Not to Wear. With the setback of the writer's strike and Keifer going to jail, 24 hasn't come back on and Stacy and Clinton are kind of bugging so I've scaled way back on WNTW. Oh, I do watch a lot of the Food Channel but I feel like it doesn't count as TV because it's more educational than anything else.
So back to why tonight is going to be the best night of television ever. This is the first time that both shows have been on the same night -talk about killing two birds with one stone! I probably won't be able to sleep tonight because I'll still be laughing at all of the humor from The Office and wracking my brain trying to figure out Lost. And tomorrow will be the best day at work because I'll get to recap the episodes with my co-workers to see if they have any new theories about the island or whether they caught a joke that I missed. I should be able to waste at least an hour (preferably after lunch) doing that.
I figure I can justify my watching television by saying that I don't have any children or pets. If I had either, my entertainment needs would be entirely fulfilled because children and pets are about the most entertaining things in the world. And they keep you busy. If I spent all day with my nephew, I would need no television. He's always up to something, like putting Vaseline in his hair and then rubbing a bunch of dirt in it or cutting the dog's hair. Good times.
So until then, I'll have to substitute TV for children.
****ADDENDUM****
Chit Chatt reminded me that I also watch So You Think You Can Dance. Since it doesn't come back on the air until May 22, I kind of forgot about it. This show is cool because I get to watch and critique people do something that I have absolutely no talent in and act like I know what's up. I also find hip, new music to download onto the iPod from watching this show.

2 comments:

Chit Chatt said...

But what about SYTYCD?!?!?

I would suggest that if you did substitute pets for TV, then make sure the pet isn't a fish. Trust me, they're not all that entertaining.

kenzor said...

I think you ought to also add 30 Rock to your list of shows to watch. It is a masterpiece almost as good as The Office or Arrested Development.