
I got this gem from my friend who teaches English at a CC in Georgia. This is a sample from a timed writing assignment she gave to her class. Although a little rough around the edges, the student has an excellent use of simile and metaphor. She suggests that as you read it, that you read it with Eddie Murphy's voice in mind. It enhances the reading experience incredibly.
"A person ask me, "What is your favorite restaurant? And why?" The best restaurant is Mcdonalds. Simply because they have the best choice of food. From they delicious ham burgers, to they soft crisp cooked fries, to the satisfying milkshakes. The person ask me to explain it to him more. No problem I replied.
I will start off with the hamburgers. The meat is so fluffy is like you are about to bite into a soft made mattress. The buns are cooked into a golden brown like the hay on a barn. Plus it is very Juicy, like the first time you was a kid and had your first sour head. Also they have different ranges of hamburgers to choose from. More options than colors in a crayola box.
Next are the French fries. These are the sidekick for the ham burgers. They are long like the fingers on Shaq hand. Plus they are golden like goldy lox hair. What really gets you is the taste. When you bite into a mcdonald frie its like taken a bite out of heaven. To make it even better they come in sizes! Large, medium, and also small. Isn't that Just great!
Last but not least are the milk shakes. This is the wonder woman of the meal. This makes your order complete. The great Savory taste is really to good to be true. Its like having a little cow in your cup. Plus the flavors are amazing. You can choose from: Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. Or you can play it smart and miss up with all three. Its your choice!
In conclusion the best restaurant is Mcdonalds because they have the best choice of food. From the mattress like meat patties, to the golden French fries, to the wonder woman milkshakes. Plus a lot of people go. Billions and Billions are served everyday it seem like. Before I could even get done with why I like mcdonalds the same person who ask me now has a double cheese burger meal!"


1 comment:
I kept picturing the donkey on Shrek as I read it! That was great! Thanks for the tip on the instant potatoes at Costco, I'm making a trip there this week and I'm going to try those out! Thanks too for the butter info, I always use it right from the fridge, so that's where I go wrong! Thanks!
Post a Comment