Friday, April 25, 2008

Seeing the Everyday


With all of the products I've mentioned on my blog, one might think that it is a forum for advertising... I doubt that enough people read my blog or trust my opinion to buy or do something because they saw it on my blog. However, this post is an all out advertisement and personal endorsement for something that I think is absolutely great!
For those of you who know good ol' Daryl Smith, you probably know that he's been working on a magazine for the past few years that is devoted to celebrating the prosaic (ordinary) moments in life and how those moments shape the lives of children and families as a whole. I know that I had my doubts that people would take to it because it's such an un-sexy idea in a world that is always looking to be titillated and wooed by flashing lights and empty promises, but people really do want something more. I think it is a truly remarkable concept and am proud to announce that it is finally coming to fruition - the first issue has been printed and is on its way to subscribers as we speak.
Seeing takes a look at and celebrates the beauty that can be found in normal, everyday families. It is 111 pages of advertisement-free magnificence. I have a story that is featured in this issue, as well as those of some old friends like Aaron Hunt and Kelly Gardner. All of the stories are inspiring and uplifting and make me want to make sure that everyone can read them. I believe that this is a work that can really be a force for good in the world. There are also some really nice pictures of my hands in this issue. Brad Slade, the photographer, is amazing!
Since the magazine is 100% advertisement free, it depends entirely upon subscriptions to stay afloat. I guarantee it will be the best $20 you'll ever spend, so if you're interested go to http://seeingmagazine.com/ to get a subscription. Mother's Day is coming up, and we all know that moms like beautiful, inspiring things that could possibly make them cry (in a good way). So if you only take my advice on one thing, let it be this.

3 comments:

Katie said...

We have our subscription! Looking forward to having this beautiful piece of at in our home.

Katie said...

meant to say "ART in our home"

Unknown said...

When you get yours, can I look at it? :)