Monday, April 7, 2008

I probably should have looked into it...

Many of you know that last November I finally ditched my 1989 Honda Accord, lovingly called "The Green Goddess," for a slightly used 2004 Hyundai Sonata. I got an awesome deal on it! Now I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't check some things out before I bought it. Don't get me wrong, it runs great and it looks really spiffy. For all intents and purposes, it has been a great car for me.

Right after I picked Uncle Jessie up from the dealership (I named him after "Full House" Uncle Jessie and not "Dukes of Hazzard" Uncle Jesse), I grabbed my friends Robyn and Mark and we went for the inaugural trip to Sonic for some blue coconut cream slushes. We pull up to the ordering console and Mark says from the backseat, "Um, is this your spoon?" Spoon, I've only owned the car for 20 minutes... not long enough for a spoon collection to start. While he was digging around in the pockets in the back seat he found the dirty spoon, some hair scrunchies, and a lot of crumbs. How did I not see that? I checked Uncle Jessie out about 5 times before I decided to buy him and I never found the spoon and hair scrunchies. Mark threw the contraband away and I didn't think another thing about it until I gave Uncle Jessie his first bath. I was vacuuming under the seat and saw a whole bunch of animal hair lurking beneath the driver's side. Gag me with a spoon!!! I don't have anything against animals, but I do have a thing against animal hair on my person or on my possessions. I was able to get most of it out, but every now and then I find some stragglers.

I took Uncle Jessie to the car wash and had all of his nooks and crannies cleaned and haven't found anything strange in him lately until this morning. I was driving to work and, in my peripheral vision, saw something waving from the dash. I looked over and saw that it was a hair so I grabbed it. Finding hair on my clothes, in my car, or on anything I've touched isn't uncommon since I shed like crazy, but as I reached over to grab this hair off of the dash I realized it wasn't mine and had a minor freak-out on Center Street. How do I know it wasn't mine? Well for starters, it was 3 feet long, curly, and copper red! I don't know anyone who has hair that matches that description, so the freak out continued until I rolled down the window and threw it into oncoming traffic.

I guess the only thing to do is disinfect Uncle Jessie with some Clorox wipes, give him another detailed vacuuming, and hope for the best. I still love him.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I think Katie sneaks out of her house when Lucy can't sleep and sneaks a ride in your car with the baby. :)

Unknown said...

It's probably my hair....I get my hair everywhere whereever I go. :) But it could be someone more exotic's hair, let's hope so... or not. :)