


Today has been one of those days where I wish that I could get back in bed, wake up again, and start the day all over. I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and the above pictures prove that I have.
I feel like I've been in a constant rush since the second I got out of bed. Rushing to get ready, rushing to get to my doctor's appointment, and then rushing to work. Once I got to work, rushing to meet a deadline and then rushing to meet my friend Emily at the mall to help her pick out jewelry for her wedding. Apparently, she is having the same kind of day that I am because she couldn't meet me at the time we agreed upon. She asked me to pick some things out for her and drop them off at her house for her to try before she has her bridals taken tomorrow. I rushed through the mall, grabbing anything with pearls and/or rhinestones and had 20 minutes to bring them to her house and get back to work. I was feeling pretty confident as I walked away from her house with 7 minutes to get to work, when BAM!!!, I was spiraling toward the ground. My heel got stuck in a crack but I kept moving, which made for disastrous results. Once I figured out that I was still alive, I started to do a damage check. I could still move everything, my clothes were not ripped, and I still had all of my fingers. My left knee was hurting pretty bad, so I pulled up my pant leg to see a nasty scrape on my knee and one on the front of my ankle. I've had scrapes before, I could handle that. What I couldn't handle was the huge scrape on the toe of my polka-dotted Steve Maddens!
My polka-dotted Steve Madden stilettos with the red heel and strap are by far the sexiest pair of shoes I own! And now they're not so sexy :( And the scraped knee and ankle only add to the un-sexiness. If they were leather, I could take them to the cobbler and have them fixed, but they're satin and I don't think Joe's Shoe Repair has a polka-dotted patch. Boo hoo! I'm so sad!
It's not like I don't have the reputation of being clumsy. If there's a patch of ice, I slip on it. If there's a step, I miss it. And now if there's a crack, I get stuck in it. When I was younger, my dad used to call me "oaf" because I was so clumsy. I guess it is apropos that my license plate says "0AF."
And to add insult to injury, Emily's dog came running out of the house when I fell and started barking and licking me. Too bad there's not a rewind button on life.
Note: I took these pictures with my camera phone from a weird angle so it looks like I have cankles, but I really don't.


3 comments:
Out of that whole experience, I think you should be the most happy about the fact that you don't have cankles!
You are so funny. I needed a laugh this morning! And double funny that you have to mention you don't have cankles. You so don't, in case anyones needs a witness, which they don't! :D
I feel like your going to be able to use this story in a sacrament talk someday.
Post a Comment